Sunday, January 13, 2008

I shall call him Squishy, and he shall be mine...

Around my 6th week I had a bit of a scare - I started bleeding a little. No pain, just some bleeding, but it was still scary. I think Jeremy was more afraid than I was. Luckily I had a doctor's appointment just a couple days after and although he didn't seem concerned he did set us up for an early ultrasound just to make sure the baby was okay. They couldn't get me in for a few weeks, so this picture is when I was 10 weeks along:


That's my baby! That's little Squishy! I love him, little conehead and all. By the way, if you're wondering why we call the baby "Squishy" - well it's from Finding Nemo. Either ya know the line or you don't, but that's our pet name for the little bug. Oh and we don't know if we're having a boy or a girl yet, so if I refer to the baby as "he" it's just a default. :) Although we had the ultrasound for a scary reason, actually seeing the baby was absolutely amazing. I wasn't sure if we would see much but there he was, wiggling and moving, little hands waving around and his heart beating strong. We got to hear the heartbeat too - Jeremy almost cried (shh, don't tell!) and I instantly laughed because I was so happy. I knew I was pregnant, had the symptoms and everything, but seeing the baby really solidified there was indeed a little person growing inside me. :)

0 comments: