Today we had our big 20 week ultrasound. The one where you get to see (hopefully) if it's a wee little willy or a wee little vajayjay growing inside of you. It's actually lucky we even got to have our ultrasound today - my doctor had emailed me asking why I had scheduled my ultrasound so late. Apparently the ultrasound department had scheduled me for MARCH 4th instead of February 4th - doh! After a few phone calls and a bit of panic they managed to find an appointment on the original day I wanted, at 7 freaking 45 in the morning. Ugh. So Jeremy and I dragged ourselves out of bed early and had to fight rush hour traffic to get to downtown Seattle. Traffic was bad and we were stressed that we might be late. That plus the 32 ounces of water they insisted I drink beforehand didn't do much for my morning sickness. We got to the appointment on time and it wasn't long into my ultrasound when I started to feel that familiar wave of nausea take over. I tried to hold out but ultimately had to excuse myself to get sick. And then again, and then again. Yes, I tossed my early morning cookies 3 times during my ultrasound. Eventually the tech said she didn't want to distress the baby and cut the ultrasound short, telling us to come back in a week to get the rest of the images she needed. She did manage to see most of the baby's anatomy including that fact that we're having a GIRL! When she told us, Jeremy and I were stunned. I think we both thought we were having a boy, so it was a big adjustment in thinking. Not bad by any means, just a bit of a shock at first. She said the baby looked healthy from what she could tell which made us really happy. Afterwards we decided to surprise my mother-in-law at work, and Jeremy had this great idea to get her a bunch of pink balloons to tell her we were having a girl. She was SO excited, and started screaming and took us around to all her co-workers, telling everyone she's going to have a granddaughter. I'm really lucky to have a MIL who's so excited about her future grandchild - I know this baby will be very loved.

Here are some pics from the ultrasound. Here's the baby's head - look at the size of that noggin! :)
Her little arm:
And her little leg. I think she has Jeremy's long monkey limbs. ;)~
We've decided to name her Mikayla Jean. I've always loved the name Mikayla and luckily Jeremy likes it too, and Jean is Jeremy's mother's middle name, so we're using that in honor of her. :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment