I've heard the term "popped" from other pregnant gals before, referring to when your tummy really starts to show. Well, I guess I've popped. Tonight I went to dinner with my parents, my sister Linda and her husband Irvin. My parents haven't seen me since Christmas, and the first thing my mom says, half in English and half in Korean, is "Oh my god it looks like you have a watermelon in your stomach!". Ha! A watermelon?? Couldn't she have said a less offensive cantalope sized melon and gone from there??
I'm definitely feeling pregnant now, and although at times being bigger around the middle and gaining weight gets me a little down, for the most part I'm really happy. I'm very lucky to have a healthy baby growing inside me, and it definitely helps that my husband Jeremy is constantly saying how beautiful I look and how much he loves that my belly is getting bigger. I really have the best husband ever. He's going to make a great dad, too. Every Wednesday we have "Alphabet Wednesday" night, where he talks to my belly and teaches Mikayla a different letter from the alphabet. It's so stinkin' cute I can hardly stand it. :)
The last few weeks I've really started to feel her moving around and kicking, more and more every day. The first kick really took me by surprise - I was laying down on a couch in the breakroom at work when I felt this thump, kind of like someone had blown a bubble out of bubble gum in my stomach and it popped. It was such a cool moment. :) I feel her kick and move a lot now, and sometimes it feels like I'm on a roller coaster and my stomach is dropping after a dip. It's fun thinking about her wiggling around in there. :)
Tumbling headfirst into the wonderful and terrifying world of motherhood...
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment