Sunday, January 11, 2009

Growing up so fast...

Mikayla will be 7-months-old in about a week. What the heck? When did that happen? It seems like we were trucking along at a nice, comfortable pace and BAM, she's practically off to college! She's changed SO much, even in this past month or so. She's really good at sitting now, she loves to reach and grab at everything (both our cats and I know the pain of having handfuls of hair ripped out by her eager little hands) and she's so much more coordinated now. She eats two big girl meals a day of food - so far we've tried sweet potatoes, butternut squash, peas, carrots, peaches, pears, avocado and apples. Her favorites are butternut squash and bananas, the others she's still a bit "eh" about. She's really good at scooting around on her playmat now, can roll over both back to tummy and tummy to back. She's SO close to crawling, we can just tell - she props her little arms up and scoots her little legs around, she just hasn't mastered getting her tush in the air so she can crawl. It'll be soon though, and that has me a little terrified. :)

I have said it before, but Mikayla is the sweetest baby. Whenever we walk into the room and she sees us she instantly smiles. When Jeremy gets home it is the cutest thing to watch him peek around the corner at her, and that moment when she sees him and that look of recognition and instant joy. She's definitely a daddy's girl. And she loves, loves, LOVES when we sing and dance for her. Today I was doing the Twist and humming that song from "Pulp Fiction" in that scene where John Travolta is dancing with Uma Thurman (don't ask) and she LOVED it, she was laughing hysterically and waving her little hands like crazy. The more goofy we are, the more she loves it, which works out because we're really goofy. This past week Mikayla's been sick again with a cough and stuffy nose but she's still been in such a good mood, still laughing and happy despite not feeling well. I wish I was that good when I'm sick! I love my husband, my family and my friends, but I never knew I could love someone so much, be in such awe of the person she is becoming, and be so proud of anyone as I am now that I have Mikayla. Now only if she'd quit trying to grow up so soon... :)

1 comments:

Chikki said...

Your baby is so adorable! You must be such a proud mommy, and she'll love that you are chronicling (sp?) her days when she grows up and can read!