Monday, March 9, 2009

Wow, I care about Easter again.

I don't remember when it happened, but at some point I just stopped caring about Easter. Maybe when my dad stopped hiding Easter eggs. Maybe when it seemed like every chocolate bunny they sold was hollow (rip off!!). But now that baby M is here, I'm excited about it again. Seeing the world through her eyes, I'm excited about a lot of things. I was there the first time she saw the ocean, the first time she touched snow, her first Christmas, her first time in a swing, the first time she found her toes, felt the bark of a tree, and heard a bird chirp. Everything seems so much more exciting, more important, and more precious now.

But I digress. Check out this awesome Easter bunny basket I ordered for Mikayla! She's getting the pink version, personalized with her name of course. She can't have Easter candy yet, but I already got her some blocks and a baby book to put in it, and I'm sure we'll be jamming it full of other fun things for her too:


Thanks for coming back Mr. Easter Bunny, I missed you... :)

4 comments:

Cassie said...

Where did you find that basket? It's too precious, I'd love to get one for my son!

(And I completely agree with you, about everything -- even the little things -- seeming so monumentally exciting with a little one around. They are such blessings!)

Cassie said...

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction, Deborah! I ordered a little blue one for my boy. Your little Mikayla is such a doll!

J. Shelton Photography said...

Agreed. The little things mean everything to me now!
Lovin that basket. I might get one for Isabelle! :)

Melba Toast said...

Dude, I'm still peeved that I don't get to partake in the easter egg hunt! I don't care about Easter anymore either. Except for the Mini-Eggs. Those are worth the wait!! And I like the basket. Yeah. Did you order me one too?