Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mikayla and Anne!

I'm making a concentrated effort to have Mikayla be around more babies. She's very interested in them, as we saw when she met her friend Maddy, and I want her to be friendly, social little girl. This weekend we got together at our friends Gary and Leora's house for a birthday party, and Mikayla got to play with their daughter Anne. Mikayla's been around Anne quite a few times, but this was probably the first time Mikayla was old enough to "play". Just for nostalgic reasons, here's a picture of Anne and Mikayla taken in July of 2008, when Mikayla was just about a month old:
And here they are now! Haven't they grown up so much? I can't get over how much Mikayla has changed:
When we sat them together, we noticed that Mikayla liked to "pet" Anne:
And Anne unfortunately liked to kick at Mikayla - you can see her reaction to that:
But they managed to reconcile, and Mikayla true to form grabs Anne's hand to hold it. Ain't that precious? :)

They played together nicely after that - Anne didn't even mind when Mikayla would shove her toys in her mouth and slobber on them. Hopefully they'll have more chances to play soon. And Mikayla and I have a playdate scheduled later this week with a group of moms and babies we know - we can't wait! :)

2 comments:

IdahoGirl said...

Awwww...Mikayla is a lover...she liked petting and holding hands with Maddy too!

Melba Toast said...

I'm impressed with how much Anne's head has shrunk, aren't you?