We're also lucky to have such great family and friends! I'm getting a ton of help with the party, especially with the food. We want to serve mostly Korean food since it's a Korean celebration, so my mom marinated a ton of meat for us - kalbi (grilled short ribs, my FAVORITE food in the world), bulgogi (thin slices of marinated beef), her famous fried rice, and fresh cucumber and radish kimchee (spicy pickled vegetables). My sister Linda and Jeremy's mom are making a couple dishes, and we even have a few people who can't even come to the party who offered to make things for us! My mom's friend is making us jap chae (a noodle dish) and ordered special rice cakes served at 100 Day parties, and my co-worker Anne is bringing us kim bap (the Korean version of sushi). I have a few things I need to do for the dessert (it's a surprise!) and I'll probably make a side dish or two, but other than that it looks like the menu is taken care of. I took Friday off from work so I could run some errands before the party, like order her balloons (ya know how she loves them!), pick up the items she'll chose from during the birthday ceremony (a table is set with different items representing future professions - the first item the baby chooses predicts her future), pack up the favor boxes (they're so cute, and we're filling them with all sort of Asian goodies that I remember from when I was a kid) and a few other things that still need to be done.
Boy, all this party planning hullabaloo is wearing us out... ;)
Can't wait for Saturday!! :)


1 comments:
I will defeat your evil secret, I will!!
Post a Comment