Monday, September 8, 2008

My how we've grown!

Last week I packed away Mikayla's 3 month clothes and brought out her 6 month stuff. Yes, she's not even 3 months old yet and she's already wearing 6 month clothes. She is the baby Godzilla!! I actually got a little emotional when I was packing away her things, I guess because she's growing up so fast, and she'll never be that little again. I remember way back in February when Jeremy bought her this 6 month Dr. Seuss onesie after he felt her first kick. And now she's wearing it! Look at that poochy belly! :)We're still working on our tummy time. She tolerates it a little longer now, but still ends up whining quite pitifully at the end:
This weekend we went down to see my parents to go shopping for her hanbok for her 100 Day Birthday. A hanbok is a traditional Korean dress, usually really colorful and worn on special occasions. When we got there my parents had already arrived and were talking with the shop owner and two other ladies (I assume they were sales clerks or relatives) and had all their baby hanboks on display for us to choose from. I used to speak Korean as a little kid but have pretty much forgotten most of it since moving to the US, but I was able to pick things up here and there. It was a frenzy of chattering (Jeremy said they sounded like magpies). I caught a few phrases, things like, "Is this the most expensive? It's the best then, right?" from my mom, and lots of "Yes this is the prettiest, oh the baby is so cute! This is the best one for her, it's the prettiest!" from the sales ladies. They were mortified to see that Jeremy had only dressed Mikayla in a onesie (even though it was sunny and warm out) and insisted that the baby was cold, when my mom said, "She's not cold. She's part American. They're warm!". We picked out an adorable hanbok, mostly in pinks with really bright multi colored sleeves and beautiful embroidery and a matching head piece, it's SO cute. I can't wait for her to wear it at her party. We're also going to have portraits taken beforehand of her in her hanbok, and my mom is going to meet us there wearing her hanbok and take some pictures with Mikayla as well. I think that's going to be just precious. :)

3 comments:

IdahoGirl said...

OMG - that is SOOO what I imagined it would be like!

I can imagine how you're feeling with her growing so quickly...it's hard to stop and enjoy the moment, it's going so quickly.

Anonymous said...

Wow she is getting so big and cuter everyday... I can't wait to see her at her first party!

I love when your mom said "she's not cold, she's part american" that cracked me up :)

Katharyn said...

I can hardly wait for Saturday to come so I can see this mound of fabric!

Your baby is a ball of fire, could - I doubt it.