Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mama so proud!!

Being a mom is bringing out my sappy side. The other night we finished Mikayla's bedtime routine - warm bath and then a bottle while Jeremy reads to her (we finished "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and now we're reading "Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator" - yes, our kid is a literary scholar!) and Mikayla started getting drowsy. Usually I wait til she's fast asleep before I try putting her in her crib, but this time she was still a little awake but we took our chances. I settled her into her crib, told her goodnight, and tip toed out of the room. I went in 5 minutes later to check on her, and she'd put herself to sleep all by herself. No crying, no hysterics, just decided she was going to go to sleep on her own like a big girl. And yes, I felt proud and got a little teary eyed. I'm a goof, huh? :)

1 comments:

Katharyn said...

Holly cow she's growing up fast!