I had my 31 week appointment yesterday. That's one week shy of 8 months, folks! Where the heck has the time gone?? As usual they took my vitals - my blood pressure looks great, my weight is up a lovely 20 pounds total which I guess is just right although depressing (they say you're supposed to gain about 25-35 pounds over all, what a cruel world). Dr. Wong asked me a bunch of questions about how I was feeling, if I had any concerns, etc. He also asked if I had any particulars on how I'd like the delivery to go - I said I was pretty dang sure I'd want an epidural but other than that I was going to trust that he and the nurses would help me do whatever was safest for the baby and me.
After that he felt around my stomach just to make sure everything felt okay, and then used a Doppler to listen to the baby's heartbeat. I never get tired of hearing that sound - he said her heartbeat sounded "vigorous and strong". In a silly way, I felt really proud when he said that, like "that's my girl!". :) I know so many people who've had a difficult road trying to have babies, and I'm always so grateful when I hear our little one is hanging in there, healthy and growing. I go back in a month and then I'll start to have more frequent appointments until it's showtime!
0 comments:
Post a Comment