No, not really. But apparently I look like I am! Jeremy and I were at the mall buying a gift for a friend. The convo with the sales clerk went like this:
Her: "You're pregnant, right?"
(This in and of itself is a very dangerous thing to ask a woman. Unless I see a gal panting with an umbilical cord trailing behind her like a Chatty Cathy doll there's no way I would ask if she's pregnant, never mind how big her belly might be).
Me: "Uh huh."
Her: "Is it twins?"
::pause::
Me: "No. There's just one in there."
Wow... just wow. I wasn't really even mad at the gal for basically saying I look like I'm housing a small village in my uterus, I was more mad at myself for not taking the opportunity to mess with her. A blank stare and, "No, why do you ask?" response to either of her questions would have been priceless.
I dunno what it is about being pregnant, and other bun bakin' gals I know have attested to this, but it makes people feel like they can make the rudest, oddest, stupidest comments to you about how big you are. Stuff that if you weren't pregnant would probably result in the questioner getting a punch in the neck. My tip when you know someone who's pregnant - say she looks cute. Say her belly is adorable. Say she's glowing. Do NOT say she looks like she's about to pop, or that she has multiple human beings inside her, or anything else that insinuates she's anything other than beautiful. We've got raging hormones right now and can't be held responsible for our actions. :)
Tumbling headfirst into the wonderful and terrifying world of motherhood...
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment