The bad: long story short, Babies 'R Us sucks. I'm pretty accustomed to dealing with large impersonal specialty retailers having been married (ie. David's Bridal, or DEMON'S BRIDAL as I call them) so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the baby world would have an evil equivalent. We went to the store to order our crib and they're out of stock. Quite a few conversations with a few different sales clerks and the store manager later we learn that:A) The crib "might" be in stock mid May, and then it "should" arrive 7-14 days after that. That's early June. I'm due June 23rd, assuming I go to full term. The first thing I said to Jeremy was, "I hope this kid doesn't arrive early, otherwise she's sleeping in a drawer".
B) We can feel free to order the crib on-line, but we won't be able to use the 15% off coupon I wanted to use, we'll have to pay for shipping to us, and for some reason the exact same crib is $30 more on-line. And no, the store isn't able to order the crib from this magical on-line warehouse and have it shipped to the store so we can pick it up and use our coupon/pay the in-store price. And no, they can't really explain why, that's just the way it is. (P.S. turns out the crib is now out of stock on-line too. Wonderful!)
C) Despite the fact that neither the gift card, the receipt, or their printed return policy says ANYTHING about being unable to return the card for cash (in fact their policy states anything purchased by debit card, which is what my parents used to buy the gift card, will get a cash refund), they refuse to let us return the gift card so we can buy the crib elsewhere.
A few days after this wonderful visit we're at Babies 'R Us to pick up a few things and I decide to stop by the furniture department and have them check if the crib might be in stock yet. I tell the sales gal which one it is, she immediately says, "Oh that one has been discontinued". WHA'???? I ask her to check her inventory because we were JUST told a few days ago they still carried it, but it was just out of stock. She fumbles around on her computer for awhile, then says, "Oh, I guess we do still carry it. I'm not sure when it's going to be back in stock though. The screen says it could be 6 weeks, or up to 15 weeks". Say who?? Apparently Mikayla will be graduating high school before this crib is available again. I have a sneaking suspicion that this girl has no idea what the hell she's talking about, say thank you and leave. Later on a phone call to a different (and much more helpful, I might add) Babies R Us store confirmed that the crib is still scheduled to be in by mid-May, possibly sooner, and to call back periodically to see if we can order it. I shall do my best to keep my nesting urges in check until then...


1 comments:
awwwww sweetie!!! I feel your frustration!
Post a Comment