Sunday, May 18, 2008

Projects, projects...

To help us feel a little less overwhelmed Jeremy suggested I make a list of things we need to do before the baby arrives. We now have a list hanging on our refrigerator door. It's a long list, or at least it feels like a lot. But we've made some progress on it over the weekend! We got rid of our computer desk to make room for the crib, it now happily lives at my sister-in-law's house. And we finally FINALLY installed new closet doors in our bedroom. When we originally moved in they were mirrored doors - very bow chica bow WOW if you know what I mean. We took them off intending to replace them pronto, even bought the new doors with every intention of installing them right away - that was about 2 years ago. Doh! So we've been looking at this dark cavernous pit of closet ever since. Awhile ago at brunch with Jeremy's cousin Dylan we asked what exactly he did for a living - he installs DOORS AND WINDOWS. Wha'?? How did this fabulous resource slip under our noses for so long?? That's the home renovator's equivalent of having a doctor in the family!

Today out of the goodness of his heart Dylan came by to help us install the new doors. It was supposed to be a quick little project but of course it wasn't - apparently our place was built wonky, things aren't level, the doors we bought are too big, etc. etc. They decided we needed a different kind of door and enlisted Jeremy's friend Gary (or more so, his truck) to help pick up the new doors. It was still a headache - things weren't going in right, doors were scraping, etc. etc. I've never heard grown men curse so much in my life. But the doors are in, they're fabulous, and it's one more thing to check off our list. Now to tackle the dozen other things we need to do... :)

1 comments:

Melba Toast said...

Um, excuse me. Where is the pic?

That was very nice of Dylan and Creamy Crotch. I'm glad you FINALLY have your doors up.

I would be more than willing to help with your projects. I have no projects of my own and am getting bored. Is there any cute, crafty things to do?