Sunday, May 11, 2008

My 1st Mother's Day! :)

Well, obviously not the first one I've ever experienced, but my first Mother's Day when people actually considered me a mom! We went to brunch with Jeremy's family today and they surprised me with cards and flowers, very unexpected and sweet! My mother-in-law wrote in her card and part of my gift was 4 hours of her services doing housecleaning. Now initially the thought of my mother-in-law cleaning my house (and seeing how messy we can be!) mortifies me, but Jeremy's trying to talk some sense into me and encouraging me to take her up on it, given how hard it's getting to find the energy to clean up around here. Maybe right before the baby comes I'll "cash in" my gift. It was very nice of her to offer to help.

Jeremy got me a gift too. Just knowing how loving he is I sort of thought he might get me something, maybe a card or flowers, but I didn't want to assume anything. He gave me a card that he wrote "for Mikayla". It said:

"Thank you Mommy for putting up with all my kicks, wiggles and pushes for the last 8 months. I love you, Mikayla".

And as if that wasn't enough, he got me a JEWELRY! A beautiful strand of white pearls with a pair of matching earrings. It was an awesome 1st Mother's Day!! :)

0 comments: