Saturday, May 24, 2008

Good news, and change of plans.

Good news! I took my 3 hour glucose test and I passed! I don't have gestational diabetes - woo hoo! I'm really surprised I've managed to avoid it, considering diabetes runs in my family and I've always been told I'm "borderline" when I've been tested in the past. I have an ultrasound scheduled next Friday to see if our baby is as chubby as she feels like she is. Jeremy, the darling he is, says he thinks my tummy is big because I "have a short torso". I said, "Like an OOMPA LOOMPA!??". :)~ We'll see what the results of the ultrasound are - depending on how big she is it might mean an early induction or even a C-section. Either way I can't wait for the ultrasound to see Mikayla again!

Update on the crib situation - I've been calling Babies R Us for weeks now and the crib/changer combo is STILL not in. It was "supposed" to be in last week, but every time we call they say it's not in, and have no idea when it will be in - nice! The last guy we talked to said "it should be in within 4 weeks" - say wha'!?? At this rate Jeremy will be cutting the umbilical cord and assembling the crib at the same time. I sure hope he can multitask! After talking about it we decided it was stressing us out too much trying to wait for that particular crib to come in so we started looking for an alternative that would fit in our little condo. We decided on this set - it's a "mini" crib with a matching changing table, and color me happy but they're both in stock! I ordered them yesterday and they should ship out early next week. It's a bit of a pain because we'll have to get a different mattress and bedding set to fit the smaller crib, but I'd much rather have it all taken care of than waiting forever. Here's the crib:


And the changing table - I want to get some cute baskets for the shelved underneath to hold diapers and changing supplies:

We measured everything out and it should all work. I hope everything fits so we can cross this off our list! :)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm so happy you passed your glucose test! What a relief! As much as no one ever wants to have to have an ultrasound, it's always fun to see that little one growing.

How is it I've had three kids and never even heard of a mini crib? It's very cute!

IdahoGirl said...

You rock in your preplanning!!!!!!!!!! Love you - so glad things are okay!