Sunday, August 24, 2008

You better WORK!

Mikayla is just about 9 weeks old, I can't believe how much she's grown and changed. She's started smiling!She's way more alert now too and loves to look around at things. We found out she LOVES balloons! I got some for Jeremy when he got his new job and the mylar one is still floating and it's her favorite thing to look at. We were at the party supply store picking up some things for her Korean 100 day birthday in September and she kept looking around at all the balloons they had up and smiled each time she saw a new one. So we're definitely going to have lots of balloons at her birthday party. :)

I'm having a lot of fun planning all the details for her birthday - I'm frightened of how I'll be when she turns 1! I might be going overboard but she's our baby, and how often is she going to have a 100 day birthday?? And funny enough her party has been inspiring me to work on keeping up my weight loss. I had lost all my pregnancy weight (about 25 pounds) but had been slipping and put a few back on. I've noticed that I kind of shy away from taking pictures with Mikayla because I'm not happy about how I look right now, and when I was working on her baby scrapbook it kind of made me sad to see how few we had of the two of us. I was missing out on capturing those memories with her because of my stupid insecurities. So it's my goal to feel better about myself by her party so I can take a cute picture with her and Jeremy to remember the day. :) I'm trying to get in some exercise when I can - sometimes I'll take Mikayla to the gym at work (it's usually pretty empty at night so I just bring in the stroller and park her next to whatever machine I'm on) or I'll take a nice brisk walk with her. I'll probably dust off the stairstepper I bought forever ago and do that while she's napping too. I've started watching my carbs, it's not the most ideal diet but I don't feel like I have the time or energy to count calories or Weight Watchers points (what I was doing before I got pregnant) so for now it's working for me. I've lost 8 pounds since I started and I'm feeling better already!

0 comments: