Friday, June 26, 2009

Kid's Quest Museum!

This week we got together with Beth and Stacey and their kiddos at the Kid's Quest museum in Factoria. I've been wanting to check the place out for awhile! Here are the kiddos all in a row, looking at a water feature at the museum. From the left thats Gabe, Audrey, Nathan and Miss Mikayla:They were mesmerized!I thought the museum had a lot to it, but it was a lot smaller than I thought it'd be, and SO crowded. And we went in the middle of the day on a weekday and it was bursting at the seams with kids everywhere, I'd hate to see what it's like on the weekend. I think we might try it again when Mikayla is a little older, but for now I think it was just too hectic and crowded for Mikayla. The whole time we were there she was really clingy and easily upset, not like her at all. Like when I sat her in this sweet toy convertible, she started fussing right away:It wasn't all bad though, she found a few things that made her happy. Like this unidentifiable purple animal that was fun to bounce on!And this wire toy full o' beads. We have one of these at home but not this big:But then she found her most favorite thing of all...A mirror! I swear, that kid loves looking at herself more than anything in the world. I think we're raising one vain little princess. She also liked this little pushing toy, although it was a little too rickety and IKEA-esque for my taste, if you know what I mean:

While I always like getting together with Stacey, Beth and their kiddos, the Kid's Quest museum was an "eh" for me. And besides that, they charge 7 bucks for anyone over a year old! Starting at a year old! Most places let the little kids in free until at least 2 or 3! I have to give them a thumbs down just on principle for that one. ;) Until our next fun get together!

0 comments: