I was reading through some blogs on my Google reader, I have a few from other moms about their kiddos. One had a few videos of this gal's daughter, and in it the baby is rolling over - it's really cute. I was watching it and then it hit me that Mikayla will never be that small again. She'll never just be happy to hold her head up, or grab onto something, or roll over. She's practically a toddler now, pulling up and standing and climbing all over everything. She's starting to actually talk now - she started saying "hi" last week. She claps, dances, waves and gives kisses. She eats big people food, falls asleep on her own, and is curious about everything. She has favorite toys - some for bedtime, some for playtime, and some for car rides, and is very particular about which is which. Pretty soon she'll be walking, having conversations, and not being a baby anymore. It's awesome but sad at the same time. And on come the faucets...
Mikayla's birthday is next week. Jeremy is taking the day off on her actual birthday and we're planning on spending a fun day together. Then that weekend is her birthday party at the beach. I'm hoping for sunny weather, but either way we'll have fun and she will be surrounded by people who love her. I'm sad for the baby we're losing, but so happy and proud of the little girl we're gaining. Having Mikayla is truly the best thing I have ever done in my life, and I'm fairly certain a lot more tears will be falling before our munchkin turns 1. :)



2 comments:
You made my waterworks come on too!
Oh heavens. I almost lost it...almost!
I cannot believe she's about to be one. That's just crazy.
Post a Comment