Tuesday, June 16, 2009

South 47 Farm!

This weekend we went to South 47 Farm in Redmond. Mikayla is super curious about everything and I'm always on the lookout for fun new places to take her to stimulate her mind and get her into the fresh air. I saw an advertisement for "Animal Days" at South 47 Farm - they advertised animals, hay rides, pick your own produce, it sounded fun!

When we got there, it was literally the smallest farm I'd ever seen. A few buildings in what looked like a big backyard - ha! But it was cute: Jeremy and Mikayla, checking out all the crops (which consisted mostly of lettuce at the time):But they did have animals just like they said, and Mikayla LOVES animals!Little pygmy goats were so cute! There were coin operated machines that dispensed feed and the goats would eat it out of your hand:Mikayla petting a goat's nose:Checking out the chicken coop:And all the ducks!This was my favorite - Kate Gosselin in duck form. Check the Flock of Seagulls tuft of hair on its head!They had alpacas too, and man are those some kooky looking animals!I think Mikayla was a little weirded out by the goofiness:They brought a goat out and she got to pet it!Mommy always insists on taking pictures in front of every photo op:They had hay rides too, but I wasn't keen on dropping $2 a person for a 10 second hay ride:
Before we left we had to measure our little farm hand - she's just about 2 1/2 pumpkins tall! :)

0 comments: