Monday, May 18, 2009

My first official Mother's Day!

I'm a little late in posting, but I had my first official Mother's Day this month! I actually got to celebrate it last year too while I was pregnant, we went to brunch with Jeremy's family and they all surprised me with cards and flowers, and Jeremy got me a beautiful pearl necklace and earring set. But this year I actually got to celebrate it for "real"! Jeremy let me sleep in on Mother's Day (ahh, bliss!) then he and Mikayla gave me the sweetest cards and presents: a pair of silver earrings I've been wanting, and a digital picture frame to show all of Mikayla's pictures.

After that, we went to Jak's Steakhouse in West Seattle for brunch. I've never been there but heard great things about it. I had steak & eggs and it was delicious, probably the best seasoning I've had on a steak. I didn't even need steak sauce and I'm normally ALL about my steak sauce. Jeremy got the eggs benedict with filet mignon, that was yummy as well. We also split an order of crabcakes and those were REALLY good too. I'd like to go back for dinner some time! During brunch Mikayla gave me another gift: I leaned over to her, and just teasing asked if mama could have a kiss, and she leaned forward and gave me the sweetest little kiss, it was precious! After that we walked around the Farmer's Market near the Junction and did a little shopping before I had to leave for work. Note to self: next year take Mother's Day off, it's such a letdown to have to go to work after all the festivities.

Me and my baby girl on Mother's Day:

I wish I could put into words what it means to have Mikayla in my life. She is truly amazing - so happy, loving, silly, beautiful. We say every day what a wonderful baby we have. And she's given me such a huge gift. I've always had doubts if I would be a good mom, since I don't have a very good relationship with my mom, but every time she smiles up at me, or reaches for me for comfort, those doubts fade away more and more. I am a blessed mommy indeed!

2 comments:

Melba Toast said...

I'm glad you had a good day! Yes, next time take the day off!! Dork!

Katharyn said...

I suspect there isn't much demand on vacation for mother's day, I'm sure Denise will give it to you.