Monday, May 18, 2009

Rhododendron Gardens

It was a beautiful weekend in Seattle, and I'm so glad summer is on the way. The downside to my job is that I work every weekend, but since I work nights we at least have the afternoons to get out and enjoy the sunshine. Sunday we went to the rhododendron gardens in Federal Way. Jeremy and I have never been there - it seems to be a bit out of place to have such a pretty garden and forest right in the middle of the city:
Mikayla was a bit skeptical about all this nature stuff. She might take after her mommy in that respect: But she got into it soon enough, wanting to touch and feel everything: Jeremy is a nature lover himself, so he was happy to take her along the trails and show her all the plants and trees:The garden was really pretty, lots of flowers: Mikayla wanted to "pet" the flowers, we had to tell her to be gentle and not pluck all the petals off: Jeremy and Mikayla, enjoying the great outdoors: My beautiful little baby: Every outing must come to an end, especially when you're ready for your nap:But in the end it was still a happy day out in the sun!

3 comments:

Melba Toast said...

We were in that area on Sunday too! But having lunch with Tina and shopping for shoes. I love Mikayla's two teefies!

Katharyn said...

so you cute. I wish had gone while they rodie's were in season (I went to the bonzie gardens but the Rodies weren't in bloom yet).

J. Shelton Photography said...

These pictures are SO cute. She has the best smile. :)
p.s. I don't know how, but Isabelle will keep everything on her head. All types of hats, bows...etc. Even if its covering her eyes she just sits there. It's kinda non-baby like. ;)