At some point a little later I woke up and looked over to see both Jeremy and Mikayla lying on their sides, facing me. They were both sleeping deeply and had the same tranquil look on their faces. They looked so much alike - a lot of people say Mikayla looks like me, but at that moment I could see all the little features she had that reminded me of Jeremy. Having the man I love, who I chose to marry and spend my life with, and the perfect little angel we created out of that love, both lying there looking so peaceful, it was amazing. As simple as it was, it was truly one of the most precious moments of my life.
Tumbling headfirst into the wonderful and terrifying world of motherhood...
Saturday, February 21, 2009
3 bears in the bed and the little one said...
In the wee hours of the morning Mikayla woke up, I think from a nightmare, because A) she was crying - she usually wakes up and just lies there "talking" happily to herself and B) it was a frantic, scared sounding cry that she doesn't do often. I picked her up, comforted her and brought her into bed to sleep between us. I haven't done that since she was just a few months old when she was still waking up several times a night. But I could tell she didn't want to be alone and needed her Mommy and Daddy.
At some point a little later I woke up and looked over to see both Jeremy and Mikayla lying on their sides, facing me. They were both sleeping deeply and had the same tranquil look on their faces. They looked so much alike - a lot of people say Mikayla looks like me, but at that moment I could see all the little features she had that reminded me of Jeremy. Having the man I love, who I chose to marry and spend my life with, and the perfect little angel we created out of that love, both lying there looking so peaceful, it was amazing. As simple as it was, it was truly one of the most precious moments of my life.
At some point a little later I woke up and looked over to see both Jeremy and Mikayla lying on their sides, facing me. They were both sleeping deeply and had the same tranquil look on their faces. They looked so much alike - a lot of people say Mikayla looks like me, but at that moment I could see all the little features she had that reminded me of Jeremy. Having the man I love, who I chose to marry and spend my life with, and the perfect little angel we created out of that love, both lying there looking so peaceful, it was amazing. As simple as it was, it was truly one of the most precious moments of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Awwwwww! That one got me Deb. :)
Post a Comment